Open full-day seminar in Tampere 4.3.2015
Welcome to an open seminar at University of Tampere 4.3.!
Cross-Cultural Viewpoints - Design and Evaluation - Accessibility
One day, three themes, three sessions. Feel free to attend one or several of them!
When: Wed 4.3.2015 10-17
Where: Paavo Koli Auditorium, Pinni A building, University of Tampere
Does it cost: no, this is free of charge but registration is required (see below)
10:30-11:30 Session 1: Cross-cultural viewpoints
- Anirudha Joshi (IIT Bombay, India): India HCI 2004 to 2014 - looking back and looking forward
- Daniel Orwa (University of Nairobi, Kenya) and Pontus Johnson (Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden): Health Management Systems Interoperability: Case of Kenya’s Health Systems
- Jari Varsaluoma (Tampere University of Technology): Cross-Cultural Design of Mobile Mathematics Learning Service for South African Schools: Understanding Cultural Issues and User Motivation
11:30-12:00 Interactive discussion, chair: Kari-Jouko Räihä, University of Tampere
12:00-13:00 Lunch break
13:00-14:00 Session 2: Design and evaluation
- Patrick Tchankue Sielinou, Janet Wesson and Dieter Vogts (Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, South Africa): A Field Study to Evaluate a Mobile, Context-aware In-Car Communication System
- Pedro Campos (Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute, Portugal) & Torkil Clemmensen (Copenhagen Business School, Denmark): Human Work Interaction Design: Challenges and Future Directions
- Katri Koli (LeadIn): Applying UCD Methods to Demanding Contexts: Two Case Studies
14:00-14:30 Interactive discussion, chair: Thomas Olsson, Tampere University of Technology
14:30-15:00 Coffee break
15:00-16:00 Session 3: Accessibility
- Zdenek Mikovec (Czech Technical University in Prague): Navigation of people with limited orientation capabilities
- Julio Abascal (University of the Basque Country, Spain): Can users with intellectual disabilities take part in participative design?
- Tomi Heimonen (University of Tampere): Body-touching: An Embodied Interaction Technique for Health Information Systems in Developing Regions
16:00-16:30 Interactive discussion, chair: Markku Turunen, University of Tampere
16:30-17:00 Closing discussion and Wrapup
The seminar is free of charge, and you can freely attend any of the sessions. However, to make sure everybody gets their coffee and buns, please register here. until 26.2.2015
The seminar is a joint effort by IFIP TC13 and SIGCHI Finland.
More information from firstname.lastname@example.org